I jumped into reloading about 18 months ago and enjoy it. Except for trimming brass. That part isn't fun for me.

My motivation for reloading was to achieve the accuracy potential of my rifles. As such, I went with relatively high-end equipment from Forster, including the Co-Ax single stage press and Ultra dies. I might step into a progressive press some day for pistol calibres and bulk .223, but for now I'm comfortable buying plinking ammo via factory builk. Actually, I spent a bit more on my last bulk 223 ammo for the Winchester so I could have the better brass (and without the crimped primers).

I'd suggest picking up the Lyman reloading manual and reading through the introduction. It gives a very concise and strait forward review / description of the process. A lot of people recommend "The ABC's of Reloading" but I personally found it very verbose, poorly edited, and a bit dated.

My overall approach and associated gear:

Brass Prep:
- Deprime with Lee Universal decapper in my Forster Co-Ax
- For crimped primer pockets on once-fired military brass, I use the CH4D Swaging Kit in my Forster Co-Ax, which also requires the Forster shell-plate holder conversion
- quick wet tumble w/ stainless steel media in Harbor Freight Single Drum Rotary Rock Tumbler
- Size with Forster Full Length Sizing die using Imperial Wax for case lube (except for my bolt gun, where I typically just use a Lee Collet Neck Sizing Die on brass that was fire formed in my rifle)
- Trim on Forster case trimmer (started off with the Lee case trimmers which are cheap and effective)
- Note that I use Dillon LE Wilson case gauges for die setup and during random QA of my sizing process and checking if want to trim
- Another longer wet tumble (also use above mention Lemi Shine) to remove case lube, etc

Charging:
- Prime using my Forster Co-Ax (not the fastest, but works quite well)
- Powder measure using RCBS Chargemaster and double checked with a RCBS 5-0-5 beam scale (I started off just using a Redding powder trickler directly into the 5-0-5, but picked up the Chargemaster on a killer black Friday deal)
- I do like the caliber specific powder funnels from Satern and use the Frankford Arsenal trays to hold my brass.

Bullet Seating:
- Forster Ultra-Micrometer Seating Dies in my Forster Co-Ax
- Digital Calipers for measuring COL to both set up the die and QA
- If reloading for semi-auto, I typically apply a very light crimp using Lee Factory Crimp die

Other Stuff:
I realized pretty quickly that chronograph is an important part of load development so I picked up a MagnetoSpeed v3
Eventually you'll want / need a bullet puller and probably a stuck case removal tool
A primer pocket uniformer may prove useful depending on brass