Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
I think people ... at least some people will float back to the forums. It used to be that when you were a newbie in any hobby, you'd get treated like shit as a new person asking questions on a board. Now that's the attitude I see on social media. People being treated like shit, including subject matter experts, and professionals. It's given bubba and trolls a sounding board.
On many forums people just show how "in" they are or what they pretend to know. My uncle was in Vietnam so I know all kinds of stuff about your Gucci ARs type people. Some people just show their ass in public.

That's one reason why I like WEVO. A lot of that asshole behavior isn't part of the fabric here. People are assholes but it's in jest and good fun. :)

Really the moderators make a big difference in any forum. I was briefly a member of rimfire central and their moderators suck. They banned people at will who didn’t follow their political beliefs. The one who banned me for a month was a supposedly "pro gun" Hillary supporter. I didn't even make an overt political statement but she took offense and handed out month long bans within my first 5 or 6 posts.

On social media I don't see it ever having any real discussion of any quality on that type of platform.

Both platforms have pros and cons but forums imo are overall better.