Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was very close to ordering a Procyon for my comparison, as it appears to be the third most popular light of this type and it seemed appropriate to include it. I just couldn't bring myself to pay $180 for it when I see it as an "also ran" at best.

the attraction for me to the TLR was that it was half the price of the Surefire, but when the Surefire can be found for $200, the $20 savings to get the Procyon just didn't make sense to me.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've currently got a TLR-1 on my rifle and a Procyon on my G19. Picked up the TLR recently through the $79 sale at OMB. I don't care for the attachment method of the TLR-1, but I'm not that concerned with quick removal, as that light just stays on there. The Procyon on the other hand, comes on and off quite often, as I use my G19s for carry and nightstand use, the Procyon shines here, as does the X300, compared to the TLR-1. I find all three lights sufficient in terms of output. While all three lights have different switching methods, the Procyon on a pistol and the TLR-1 at 12 o'clock on my AR both work the same way, use weak side thumb to push down on the paddle. I don't like the activation of the X300 on a pistol, I find I can activate the Procyon easier without compromising my grip as much. Both are certainly usable though. I'd use any of the three without a worry if I had to. That said, I'm certainly not a hard user; not LEO and no longer .mil.

Rob, you reference two different prices for the Procyon (180 vs 120); from what I've seen the $120 (+/-) is the more accurate of the two.