Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm paralyzed trying to pick one. Replace my WOA SPR barrel which I'm not in love with? Go longer at 20"? Go WAY long at 24"? Wait for restock of 16"? AHHH!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I'm paralyzed trying to pick one. Replace my WOA SPR barrel which I'm not in love with? Go longer at 20"? Go WAY long at 24"? Wait for restock of 16"? AHHH!!!!!
    If they have 18" go for that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    If they have 18" go for that.
    Only 18" in stock right now is the SPR, which would probably make the most sense. Although I'm tempted to go 20" then replace my SPR barrel with a 16" when it's available again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Only 18" in stock right now is the SPR, which would probably make the most sense. Although I'm tempted to go 20" then replace my SPR barrel with a 16" when it's available again.
    I am just wondering what benefits there are in your mind to going with a longer barrel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I am just wondering what benefits there are in your mind to going with a longer barrel?
    I'd expect about 50-60 fps extra out of the 20", but the 20" mod2 profile (with .800 gas block) weighs about the same as the 18" SPR profile and it's pretty much for bench shooting. I'm not sure how I feel about the .800 gas bock as I run SLR Sentry AGBs on just about everything anymore. With a 16" UM barrel and 20" UM in the same, an 18" wouldn't really serve much of a purpose. Or, if I get the UM SPR, then there is really no point in having either of the other two. That would probably be the most logical decision, but this is a hobby so "want" counts a lot, too.