Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Am I missing something? When I watch the SS range time videos, the Recce 5 provides 38db reduction, whereas the Explorr EX2 provides 29db reduction for a 16" 5.56. The Explorr is 3 ounces lighter and 0.3" shorter, but that doesn't seem worth the trade for 9db.
    I read on ARFCOM that there was some dispute about data from SS’s older meter setup and it being good but not exact. I’ll have to dig it up. 38dB is a huge reduction for 5.56mm...

MAC’s testing of the Recce 5 on a 16” rifle with IWI M193 brought the rifle from 167 to 133avg (34dB reduction tied only by the full-size SpecWar 5.56.)

So a 5dB trade off between 29 and 34dB (3dB is a noticeable difference to the human ear) for the size and weight savings. And again not sure if those numbers are directly comparable given different rifles, ammo, conditions, etc

I’ve got a Recce 5 and an Optimus Micro. I love them both but the EX2 seems like a combination of the two....I’d love to throw on an EX2 for a tad more suppression over the OPM and some weight loss over the Recce 5

The EX3/7.62 version is on my list for this year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Video review of the Explorr 6.5 can. I will probably pick up one of these. No metering data here but still good information.