Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Seems like they were expanding when they should have been scaling back over the last few years. I think a recession is coming... Its not just the firearm industry.
    Check out this list, its pretty long of stores that closed in 2018 and 2019 will be worse. https://clark.com/shopping-retail/ma...-closing-2018/
    Its not just buisnesses, States are either bankrupt or are going bankrupt: https://www.zerohedge.com/article/32...ent-ca-mi-ny-w

You cant print money to the tune of 85 Billion a month with nothing backing it and just keep pumping it into an economy. Eventually something is going to explode. Bubbles will start popping, my guess is the 500 trillion dollar derivitive bubble will pop and collapse the whole house of cards.

I think we are overdue for a major stock market correction and at well over 100 trillion in debt, its a good time for the general population to tighten things up and not expand... Personally I am getting out of debt and will spend the rest of my days cash flow positive. Rainy days ahead... I think right now is the calm before the storm.
    I 100% agree with you. Peter Schiff has been calling this for awhile. Way too much quantitative easing going on.

I'm not in the camp of look at all these businesses going out of business. I think a lot of that is technology, times are changing. People are naturally shifting how they spend their money, but they still spend their money. Just because a business like Sears and Kmart have been in business 100+ years doesn't mean they have the right to survive. However, the trillions in underfunded liabilities from Medicare/caid, Social Security, retirements, ect, the national debt a drop in the fucking bucket compared to these liabilities. None of the parties seem to want to do anything other than kick the can further down the road.

I've stayed out of debt, not sure if hoarding cash is the right strategy, but we are definitely saving for the inevitable rainy day. All these millennials will have a tough time selling their "experiences" when the day comes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I 100% agree with you. Peter Schiff has been calling this for awhile. Way too much quantitative easing going on.

I'm not in the camp of look at all these businesses going out of business. I think a lot of that is technology, times are changing. People are naturally shifting how they spend their money, but they still spend their money. Just because a business like Sears and Kmart have been in business 100+ years doesn't mean they have the right to survive. However, the trillions in underfunded liabilities from Medicare/caid, Social Security, retirements, ect, the national debt a drop in the fucking bucket compared to these liabilities. None of the parties seem to want to do anything other than kick the can further down the road.

I've stayed out of debt, not sure if hoarding cash is the right strategy, but we are definitely saving for the inevitable rainy day. All these millennials will have a tough time selling their "experiences" when the day comes.
    I honestly had to stop following the monetary policy news because it's too depressing. As a result, I was slightly under the impression that the quant easing had been much reduced over the past few years and perhaps we'd backed away from the cliff a bit. If you understand central banking, fiat currency, and our unfunded liabilities and wacky government accounting, it's not too hard to envision a very bad break down in our society within a fairly short time horizon. I'll now put my head back in the sand and enjoy life as if nothing is wrong.