I am new to the AR scene and purchased my first rifle back in Oct of last year.
I am a casual shooter; a couple times a month, and I am a civilian. From Oct. until now, I have accumulated about 4 AR and AR type rifles. They are all, what I imagine, viewed as "entry level"(minus the colt) carbines, based on manufacturers and the information I have gathered from great sites like this. So lately, I am feeling like maybe I should sell one of them and use some money and purchase a rugged, "combat ready," rifle. Why you ask...not sure. I will most likely not be in combat, nor acquire the training to use that rifle to its potential, besides taking some carbine classes. My justification is simply the pleasure in owning something that is there if you need it...I guess the buy once, cry once mentality.
What do are your views on this option? Quality or Quantity? For reference, here is what I currently own:
Stag Model 2
Robinson Arms XCR L
Rock River CAR A2
Colt HBAR
Spikes lower
LMT lower
Any information would be appreciated; since you guys use your tools much more than I. Im considering dumping the Stag and buying a higher quality upper for the LMT. Or should I just keep saving and buy another?
Take Care!