Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Patently unfair. I'm overseas, and my 1911s are all Stateside. :)

Never had one bad thing to say about an Ed Brown 1911 though ... the man knows how to build a fine .45.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Love my Colts! The most reliable handguns I own... yes even more reliable than the twin Glocks!!!

2004 Production Colt's Government Model and Commander Model in .45ACP
    Last edited by Cameron; 5 November 2009 at 22:09.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Little Woman's

Colt Detective's Special in .38 Special
    Last edited by Cameron; 5 November 2009 at 22:10.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like my Glocks!

Glock 19s in 9mm

Custom Grip on a Glock 19 and an OX Ent Auto

Last edited by Cameron; 5 November 2009 at 22:14.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My SIGspack!

245, 220-Carry, 229
    Mosquito, 226-Blackwater, 250

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

Do me a favor, for each picture, let us know if you would buy (or own) it again. If its not yours, did you like it enough to buy one if the price was right?

Lets keep the info up to date with the pics.....

As long as you guys are slobbering over 1911s, here is one for you... I've always liked a long slide 1911, not 100% sure why, but the 5" and 6" have always seemed more welcoming to me than the 4" and shorter.

I would buy this one again.

I'll get some more pictures of it up in a bit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Two more images of the same blaster.

I'll take a quick moment to comment on the picture shot with colored lights. This style (with firearms), to the best of my knowledge, was developed by Ichiro Nagata, and while there are loads of photographers who copy his use of colored lights, it is him who really put it on the map.

This style of lighting is heavily overused, and its hard to find a gun magazine that doesn't have some guy with a camera copying the style. You won't find me using it often, but from time to time, I'll play around with it if the subject is something that I think works with it.

I give credit where its due, and the below is a heavy variation of someone elses style.

Last edited by Stickman; 17 April 2009 at 17:42.

Downloads
    Uploads
    [IMG][/IMG]

Well, that sort of worked. Somebody tell this idiot what he's doing wrong and I will post more.
    Yes, I would buy it again if they still made them. These are extremely accurate. Looking for a nice 15" heavy barrel and shroud if anyone has one they are willing to part with. Pistol Packs too.
    Last edited by chazthebiker; 22 May 2010 at 13:31.

Downloads
    Uploads

Decided ya'll needed some Czech-nology on here.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skypig53 View Post

Decided ya'll needed some Czech-nology on here.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Very nice!

I remember when the CZ75's were hitting the Rod & Gun Club shelves in Germany during the early 90's. They were selling like hot cakes!

Downloads
    Uploads

M&P9L

Apex sear and stippling, Warren sights on the way
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    STEYR M9 with Burris FastFire reflex sight.

I love my M9. I swapped out the trap sights because of old man eyes syndrom, and I really like it too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    GTI-

Curious how you went about mounting your Burris, as I'm looking to possibly put one on my XD. Did you use one of the Burris mounts or some other solution? And finally, did you mount it yourself or does the mount need to be installed by a 'smith? Burris is lacking any sort of instructions on their website.

Thanks,

--Bravo
    Last edited by BravoHotel; 26 January 2011 at 21:17.

Downloads
    Uploads

FailZero Glock 19 with EXO coating

I was surprised to see this EXO-coated Glock at the local shop the other day. After a little research I found that FailZero was coating Glock pistols in a partnership with Talo Disributors. They are making 6 models available to start with.

I've been using a FailZero Basic Kit in my M4gery for some time now and I've grown to appreciate the lubricity and durability of the Nickel-Boron coating. EXO-coated parts require no lubrication and make cleanup a breeze. Plus I think it's just neat and it looks cool. I went ahead and added it to the collection.

1000 rounds later it looks brand new and is quickly becoming my favorite pistol.

I've read that Glock is going to make the EXO coating standard. I don't know if this will become a replacement for Tenifer, or if it's just an Internet rumor. In any case, it makes an already great pistol that much better. For me, it's worth the slight increase in cost.

Feel free to comment or ask questions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoHotel View Post
    GTI-

Curious how you went about mounting your Burris, as I'm looking to possibly put one on my XD. Did you use one of the Burris mounts or some other solution? And finally, did you mount it yourself or does the mount need to be installed by a 'smith? Burris is lacking any sort of instructions on their website.

Thanks,

--Bravo
    You are correct that there is a lack of "good" info out there.
    I used one of the dozen or so mounts thay offer, the Novak/1911. It is a dove tail X-section much like the Steyr, but it is larger so............ I had to modify it a bit on one of my mills at work. Once I did that, it was a very simple install. The trick is to try to identify what sort of geometry is on your slide, and see if they have a mount that matches. If not, you will have to do what I did. The install is pretty straight forward. The way the mounting plate works with the sight, it cinches it down tight on the slide. Can't speak for all the differant possibilities, but I was surprised how well mine worked out. Next I am going to mfg. a custom mounting plate that is a little lower profile. Titanium should be nice!

GTI