Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
Re; pros who use RMR's

The majority of them don't have real world experience, gaming isn't real world experience, shooting is not shooting, and they have a completely illogical approach to applying an RDS on a pistol, and it's been proven repeatedly by numerous top teams who don't and won't use an RMR, yet they have already adopted the acro in some small applications. The fact that the field is moving away from RMRs and to acro type optics should be a huge lightbulb.

This is one of those rare situations where the field of "pros" is wrong and in 5 years it'll be very clear.
I do appreciate your input but you are making some incorrect assumptions. Given my background, I don’t follow competition shooters (unless we are talking about the annual International Sniper Competition for example) and I don’t watch trainers like Taran Tactical. They sure can shred and beat a clock but that’s never been what I’m after. The guys I primarily watch and listen to all have some combat arms background whether in the Infantry, Ranger Regiment, MARSOC, etc.

The ACRO is the first solid entry into the closed emitter game (the Nano doesn’t really count and that Holosun HE509t sits up so high I can’t even begin to get on board with it). And if we are talking about whats available in 5 years from now, sure, the evolution of equipment is assured. In the decade I was an infantryman and constantly deploying to the Middle East, just looking at what was “tip of the spear” when I was a boot to what had evolved by the time I got out...I’m sure it’s an equal comparison to the MRDS market between now and a decade from now. But I do not agree with the fact that simply because the ACRO has arrived on the scene that everything else has immediately become obsolete and nothing else warrants consideration