G has been making barrels longer than I realized - I never really noticed. It seems to me that the really hard part of this is a really good chrome lining process. CL gives longevity, but generally you expect to lose some accuracy; however, a few companies out there seemed to have figured out how to produce a really accurate CL barrel but you typically "pay up". The only one I have direct experience with is LMT and I've been really impressed with their 5.56 barrel and the reputation of their .308 CL barrels is excellent. I'm curious if G is doing their own chrome. I'd be more likely to buy one if I knew they were sending them out to someone with the track record (FN?). If they are doing it themselves, I'd give it a few years and let the results come in.

All that said, I view CL as a bit of a manufacturing relic. My understanding is that the nitride process provides as good or better hardness but the process is much cheaper and easier to master, which is why you can get surprisingly good barrels and surprisingly good prices these days. I don't really get caught up in CL vs Nitride anymore, just pick someone who knows what they are doing.