Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    All that said, I view CL as a bit of a manufacturing relic. My understanding is that the nitride process provides as good or better hardness but the process is much cheaper and easier to master, which is why you can get surprisingly good barrels and surprisingly good prices these days. I don't really get caught up in CL vs Nitride anymore, just pick someone who knows what they are doing.
    And this is why I looked at the Rosco barrel for my Geissele build. Aside from the fact that G wasn't, and still isn't offering barrels (yet), the barrel I bought was found on BAD's website, and I sorta crossed my fingers and hoped it would be a decent offering, considering the overall quality, and they (again, hopefully) wouldn't throw their rep away on garbage barrels. So far, what I've read is more good than bad and no shitshows with the Rosco stuff, so maybe they are a legit maker, at least as good as BA and way better than those hundred dollar things you can find all over the auction sites.

Edit: oops! The Rosco is nitrided on the outside and barrel extension, and chrome lined bore. To their credit, they do claim to have a more realistic port diameter. That said, nothing helps a DI system as much as an AGB.
    Last edited by Joelski; 24 March 2022 at 13:56.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!