Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't go wrong with Liberty, or Fort Knox. I have an actual, decent LGS here in my town now, but prior to that I dealt with Vance Outdoors. They are an Ohio-specific dealer, but they have 50 mile delivery with both curbside, and "white glove" indoor delivery. What that meant to me as a guy that "dropped" grand pianos for a living, is putting down masonite on expensive hardwood flooring, and even bracing the floor from below to handle the excessive weight of an 11' Steinway concert grand. Most places we delivered pianos could take the weight, some couldn't, so it's worth asking about if you aren't sure your floor can handle the traffic into it's resting place. It's also a good consideration to add a couple ceiling jacks below the final location to brace your floor over time and prevent creaks in hardwood floors, or cracked grout on tile from developing. Ideally, you have a walk-in basement, but not likely in FL. My buddy put his in, and had a pad poured onto the basement floor to elevate the safe several inches as insurance against the possibility of a water leak, or minor flooding. Those are just a couple of things people don't tend to think about when housing large items.
    Last edited by Joelski; 3 November 2022 at 12:13.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!