Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

G19 Ported makeover

I recently wrote that I got a G19 Gen 3, like new, pistol. For some reason there are a whole lot of those around, barely used gen 3 pistols, and I can't explain that, I guess folks bought them and just didn't use them much. I dissasembled the gun and slide and everything was so new I only made a few changes, but some major ones.

I decided to leave all of the trigger components stock with the exception of a ZEV Pro-Con connector, because I want to use this as a self defence pistol and want to avoid any "liability" issues of installing a "deadly" trigger. It smoothed out the trigger pull and got rid of the "bump", while still probably maintaining about a 4.5 or so pull weight.

The big thing was the Radian Ramjet custom barrel and afterburner compensator kit from Radian, a drop in barrel and compensator that's almost too easy to believe to install. I also used a tungsten guide rod from Glock parts that replaces the 1oz. stock unit with a 4oz. tungsten unit, with a stock 18oz. spring to shoot all the regular stuff I shoot, 115gn to 147gn.

The last things I did was install a set of TRU GLO tritium sights and have a magpul magwell on the way.

I have no way to determine if the muzzle flip/ recoil is reduced by nearly 50 percent as Radian claims, but I think I can "feel" if it's close. There are many youtube reviews on this upgrade so someone may have some serious scientific way to measure differnces, in part II of this, after I take her to the range and shoot up a boatload of ammo. I can give you an honest "subjective" opinion on whether or not this was worth nearly 500 bucks worth of upgrades, for a self-defence pistol. More to come after some range time and hopefully some good pics.
    Last edited by FortTom; 20 March 2024 at 19:39.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member