Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    How get a Kimber Warrior lower with Kim-Pro finish read to be Sprayed with Norrells Blk? Do I need to BeadBlast the whole 1911A1 lower down to bare steel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog View Post
    How get a Kimber Warrior lower with Kim-Pro finish read to be Sprayed with Norrells Blk? Do I need to BeadBlast the whole 1911A1 lower down to bare steel?

I wouldn't bead blast anything, it creates a slick surface, I would sand/ aluminum oxide blast. The Norrells website gives good info on which grades and PSI to use.

AC- I've got to remember where it was, its worth a check.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well my first paint job is complete, well until I refinish the scope again. I'm not too happy with the Norrell's air dry paint. It hasn't adhered to my Leupold scope very well at all. This thing was CLEAN. I chose not to blast in the event that the paint adhesion sucked, so at least there would be a black base, well with this airdry I'm back to the black stock finish real quick.

And unless I chose the wrong color, it doesn't match at all to the tan heat dry applied to the rest of the rifle.

Has anyone had better luck with airdry?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not used the air dry version at all, so I'm not going to be much help. Can you strip it back off, or is it too late for that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, it will come off nooo problem.