Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

VLTOR enters suppressor market

VLTOR a company known for its new weapons innovations and military contracts has chosen to enter a new area of the AR15 market with the introduction of their VS-1 "Volks Suppressor". The initial run will be set to fire the 6x45 and 5.56 cartridges with a .30 and pistol sizes soon to follow.

VLTOR states they have reached their goal of making a suppressor which will be rugged and affordable allowing it to live up to its name as the People's Suppressor! K.L. Davis of VLTOR indicated this unit should be available for $300-$400.

Dutch

si vis pacem para bellum
    Colt M16 Armorer, Colt 1911 Armorer, Glock Armorer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dutch, any news on the iMod Stock?

The suppressor looks nice, especially for the price. Does it just attach to an A2 flash hider or does it involve something else?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by paulosantos View Post

The suppressor looks nice, especially for the price. Does it just attach to an A2 flash hider or does it involve something else?
    Paulo,

Well I am sad to say I failed to ask the important question about the mounting device for the suppressor. The suppressor slides over the flash hider and ratchets into place tightly at the gas block. I will have to stop back by the booth and see if I can get you a more clear answer, just so much to see and try and remember.

I will go and check my notes and get back to you on the iMod Stock and get some more concrete answers for you.

Dutch
    si vis pacem para bellum

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like there's threads on that collar behind the FH. Be curious to know how that mounts.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    With that price, I'm going to be watching with much interest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Looks like there's threads on that collar behind the FH. Be curious to know how that mounts.
    It almost looks like the OPS collar. But the barrel looks wierd and it is a little confusing on the pics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am very interested as to the mounting as well. The pricing defintely doesn't hurt either. I wonder what kind of dB reduction the can is producing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, for the update. Nice!
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This entry by Vltor has got me very interested into finally very seriously considering jumping into the NFA world.
    Place your clothes and weapons where you can reach them in the dark. - R. Heinlein
    Always stand on principle, even if you stand alone. - John Quincy Adams
    Fortis cadere, cedere non potest - A brave man may fail, but he cannot yield.

My Blog

Downloads
    Uploads
    here's another picture of the mount, apparently it goes behind the FH and is held on by the FH

“If you can’t be counted on, you can’t be counted in”

-Burke
    “Down Here” by Andrew Vachss

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if it is like a sleeve that goes over the barrel or if it is just an extension that is mounted to the threads.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well if it is held on by the FH then I would think that is a sleeve. When I saw the first pic it looked like it was part of the gas block. However that would have limited the barrel length. This system looks promising.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm guessing the suppressor adapter is held between the crush washer on the A2 FH and the small shoulder on a typical M4 barrel (circled in red).

Either that, or the entire thing is press fit and will require a gunsmith for installation.

ETA: Why 6x45? I wonder if this just means the 5.56 can will be clearanced to fit a 6mm bullet.
    Last edited by caporider; 21 January 2010 at 13:03.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK

Here is the scoop on how the VS-1 mount attaches and works!

Step 1: Remove current flash hider from weapon

Step 2: Slide mount over the barrel and screw the mount in place and replace with ANY style flash hider or compensator desired.

Step 3: Attach suppressor and have fun shooting!

The mount will be included in the cost of the suppressor, which I re-inquired about today and once again I was told should retail at $400.

Hope this helps. Will look for product spec sheets soon.

Dutch
    si vis pacem para bellum

Downloads
    Uploads
    I spoke with Vltor today and the word is the IMOD stock will replace the original MOD stock! This makes sense because the two are nearly identical other than the needed upgrades which it borrowed from the EMOD stock. Pictures and prices could be out as early as Tuesday on Vltors site. The IMOD should remain fairly close in price to the MOD stock too. That's great news for those of us slated to spend more than we make in a year.

As for the cans...I think if any company can make the transition to suppressors Vltor is it! Their reputation for continuously producing quality products has proven year after year. In a market that continues to grow and expand it seems Vltor has proven its ability to evolve!
    Adversity introduces us to ourselves

Facebook: Loess Hills Tactical