As of late we have seen the introduction of many new and enhanced products in the AR world. Which is great for all of us but one thing is really bugging me right now is being able to get matched receivers.

Case in point POF makes a very well made lower (I just got one myself) but unless you want a piston upper you can not get a POF matching top end. Same holds true for Vltor, I just got a VIS but Vltor dosnt make a lower.

Now before I hear about the many other offerings out there let me be specific that I'm speaking only of billet sets not cast or fogings. Sun Devil seems to be the only option but I have hear they are on the soft side and there is no shell deflector.

Having some experiance as a machinist I dont understand how a shop that is already tooled up for CNC would find it that difficult to make a component for which the required dimentions already exist. I can understand Vltor to a certain extent due to the fact that making a top end dosnt require a MFG licence from the ATF but I think they already have one as they make the PKM belt fed.

Sorry first post had to involve a soap box, its just irritating me. As soon as it is finished to my satisfaction I'll post pics and a review of my POF/Vltor build.