Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMike View Post
    Thanks Paul! All good suggestions especially the different positions. Believe it or not this is one thing I did not think of even though it is one of the fundamentals I remember when I learned to shoot. talk about getting stuck in the proverbial rut of old age... :)

The ammo thing is a good idea and I meant to ask you folks what is a good batch to test with and you beat me to the punch (thank you). I am saving my brass and hope to buy myself a reloading outfit (Dillon 550 or 650, maybe) when funds allow and expect to pick some more brains about that in the near future. Fun hobby and great bunch of smart folk here to help me spend what I don't have (LOL)...

- Mike
    For reloading I highly recommend getting the Hornady 55 GR FMJ/BT 6K pack, which costs around $440 for 6,000 bullets ($8 per 100 bullets). I load them up with Benchmark or H4895 and I am getting around 1.25 MOA with those 55 GR FMJ Bullets. Even TAC, Varget, and X-Terminator work well with them. Very cheap and accurate.

Also when shooting with irons, I just center the target on the front sight post. I like to come up on the target, while some others like to come down. Whatever works for you. Start with a large target like a mansize "Q" target if you can and once you are comfortable, move on to smaller targets. As long as I can hit the "Q" size targets with irons I'm happy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by paulosantos View Post
    For reloading I highly recommend getting the Hornady 55 GR FMJ/BT 6K pack, which costs around $440 for 6,000 bullets ($8 per 100 bullets). I load them up with Benchmark or H4895 and I am getting around 1.25 MOA with those 55 GR FMJ Bullets. Even TAC, Varget, and X-Terminator work well with them. Very cheap and accurate.

Also when shooting with irons, I just center the target on the front sight post. I like to come up on the target, while some others like to come down. Whatever works for you. Start with a large target like a mansize "Q" target if you can and once you are comfortable, move on to smaller targets. As long as I can hit the "Q" size targets with irons I'm happy.
    Thanks for the tips (all of them). Not sure when I will go back to playing with irons again, but I was "walking" a brick at the 75 yard line one day, so I didn't feel too bad about using irons. But again, I would never show my target here (LOL).

Reloading is something I am really wanting to get into and it will be my first real plunge into this renewed hobby (shooting). I sealed the deal somewhat when I bought 5k small rifle primers (Federal) a few months back when a local gun shop had a big sale going on. A federal rep told me that it was way cheaper at the sale than online so I got them. Cant recall the price now but I did look it up and it was a good deal. I do remember liking the idea that I was comiting myself by buying them (I can be such a kid sometimes...). I will look into those Hornady's for sure (and if some good deals surface let me know as I need to get some stock... well, in stock). Thanks again!

- Mike