Resurrecting this thread...I finally bit the bullet and purchased my own X-FER holster, specifically made for the Streamlight TLR-1 weaponlight. I purchased my sample through the on-line company Tactical Distributors. Out of curiosity, I swapped the TLR-1s with various weapons, placing each combination in the appendix carry position, which I now find a very practical and comfortable place to carry a full-sized firearms thanks in no small part to having lost 40 pounds from when I first posted this thread and now. I was surprised over how easy it was to appendix carry my Kimber Desert Warrior and S&W M&P45 (full-size) .45 ACP's and Beretta 92FS Vertec 9mm with this holster.

After some other gun-swapping, I locked the TLR-1s onto my primary off-duty gun, a Walther PPQ 9mm, and carried it all day yesterday and several hours today and found the combination very comfortable and concealable under a polo shirt or t-shirt. For now, this combination will be part of my off-duty carry kit...unless I get another XFER for one of my Surefires.