Page 24 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Times

Downloads
    Uploads
    It really depends on your state and how your trust is written. Nothing in my trust references an assignment sheet, so I haven't sent one in for the last 3 stamps. No issues. But if your trust references one, then it may be required.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll have to look at my trust (coyote) but I can tell you with certainty that I did NOT add anything to my list before submitting the form and it was approved no problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The preparer of my trust is the one that told me that I had to have something on my list to activate my trust before submitting.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    The preparer of my trust is the one that told me that I had to have something on my list to activate my trust before submitting.

That's what they had me do too.

I don't know if its for real or not, but they said do it so I did it. It didn't hurt anything and I didn't know any better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    The (well-respected) preparer of mine did the same. But as it turns out, they/he was wrong. Honestly, I think part of the problem is that over the years, there's been different standards applied by the various examiners that even very credible lawyers are giving advice that may have been relevant in the past but may not be true now.

For me, the most simple way to check was to search for the word "assignment" (or "schedule," for those that have that) in my trust. If nothing comes up, you're probably good. But again, I think it depends on your state and how the trust is written.

Downloads
    Uploads
    States have no bearing or control of trusts. They are Federal. And you are confused as Assignment A forms and schedules are two very different things. Assignment A forms are an official part of a trust if it is structured that way and must be kept up to date and submitted in it's most current form every time you submit for a tax stamp. Per the Fed wording that the trust must be submitted complete each time. Without it the trust is incomplete and not valid. Schedules are for private bookkeeping and are not an official part of the trust. They are not required to be submitted and therefore you have the ability to keep non NFA items in the trust private.

And as far as attaching something of value with a serial number to a trust to be valid my lawyer summed it up perfectly. "Do you want your children's lawyer debating in court the necessity of attaching a few bucks to retain possession of a priceless collection?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    States have no bearing or control of trusts. They are Federal.
    States do have bearing because what a trust can do according to one state may differ than in another state. A trust isn't drafted by a federal lawyer.

And you are confused as Assignment A forms and schedules are two very different things. Assignment A forms are an official part of a trust if it is structured that way and must be kept up to date and submitted in it's most current form every time you submit for a tax stamp. Per the Fed wording that the trust must be submitted complete each time.
    I'm not really confusing them because, as you say, it's IF it's set up that way. Mine has zero mention or reference to either. Some folks only have Schedules, some only Assignments. As an aside, and this is purely anecdotal, but it seems like everyone I've read who posts from TX has a Schedule A.

Downloads
    Uploads

Transfer Times

Form1 eFile 4/13/15
    Stamp received 7/25/15

Agent Jason Bowers

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook
    Last edited by Cotton68spc; 27 July 2015 at 06:58.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton68spc View Post
    Form1 eFile 4/13/15
    Stamp received 7/25/15

Agent Jason Bowers

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook
    Congrats cotton! Nothing like your first SBR!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Griffin Armament Recce 5 Mod 3
    Form 3 submitted 6/23
    Approved 7/29

Form 4 will be mailed out at soon as I get my CLEO signature. My dealer said he's gotten quite a few 2-3 month paper individual Form 4s approved lately.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Griffin Armament Recce 5 Mod 3
    Form 3 submitted 6/23
    Approved 7/29

Form 4 will be mailed out at soon as I get my CLEO signature. My dealer said he's gotten quite a few 2-3 month paper individual Form 4s approved lately.
    Now that Griffin is here, I'm really looking forward to seeing your impressions of the RECCE 5, look at a 7 right now for an end of the year purchase.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm really curious to hear how the 5 does. I've been thinking about a dedicated 556 can. Then again for only a few bucks more I can get a 7 and use it on all my rifles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I'm really curious to hear how the 5 does. I've been thinking about a dedicated 556 can. Then again for only a few bucks more I can get a 7 and use it on all my rifles.
    You can't go wrong either way.

I have a long short list right now but the 7 is on it

I just have to prioritize. Maybe an SBR or two then a 7? That's only what? $6000 bucks for everything not including ammo... doable...but I don't want to be in the poor house.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Now that Griffin is here, I'm really looking forward to seeing your impressions of the RECCE 5, look at a 7 right now for an end of the year purchase.
    I'm glad you think enough of my opinion to weight your own purchase decision on it (if even partially).

I still need to do my WAR review but my range time has been limited lately and bogged down fine tuning some handloads to a new rifle and an old one I changed the barrel on trying to get things juuuuuust right

I mailed my Form 4 documents out to the ATF of Friday August 7th. They CASHED THE CHECK Wednesday the 12th. I have never seen them move that fast. My dealer said he's been getting 2-3 month paper Form 4 turnarounds so that would be awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad you think enough of my opinion to weight your own purchase decision on it (if even partially).
    Shoots man, you know your stuff. You've helped me make a number of good choices.

I mailed my Form 4 documents out to the ATF of Friday August 7th. They CASHED THE CHECK Wednesday the 12th. I have never seen them move that fast. My dealer said he's been getting 2-3 month paper Form 4 turnarounds so that would be awesome.
    They cashed my check in just days...From when I paid for my silencer at silencer shop until when they cashed my check was like 5 or maybe 6 working days and that includes the time they took to do my forms. I have been looking at Silencer Shop's wait times and right now they had paper form 4's for a trust getting approved in 3 months. It appears according to them that the wait is ranging between 3 to 5 months.

From the cashing date I am 2 1/2 months in...