Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    So some of the things to look at, when the optic is at full Magnification, does the eye relief become shallow or the sight box become difficult to find or focus on?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    So some of the things to look at, when the optic is at full Magnification, does the eye relief become shallow or the sight box become difficult to find or focus on?
    By all means, offer me things to look for. I'm doing this for the benefit of anyone else who may want one of these. What else should I look for? Never really reviewed an optic. Always been more of a hold the gun up and shoot it kinda person. My only real long term experience in the variable power range is a regular duplex reticle on my bolt gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @river rat - There are plenty of "defensive" shooting possibilities at all and distance, it depends on the situation and a person is injected into it with a shot out to 600y. Also, the point of a 1-X variable magnified optic is discrimination, not to make hits out to long distances. If I am engaging someone at 100 or 200 yards, I want to be able to see everything I need to in order to make the logical/reasonable decision to fire. If I am engaging someone out to 600y I would want something like a 25x in order to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    By all means, offer me things to look for. I'm doing this for the benefit of anyone else who may want one of these. What else should I look for? Never really reviewed an optic. Always been more of a hold the gun up and shoot it kinda person. My only real long term experience in the variable power range is a regular duplex reticle on my bolt gun.

Off the top of my head for variable optics:

optical blur/fuzz at various magnification levels
    size of eye box at 6x compared to 1x
    reticle use at 1x as compared to 6x = how useful is it at various magnifications?
    does it hold zero? even while adjusting on the fly?
    quality of materials, after some use do the turrets still work like new? brightness of reticle same after use? battery life?
    quality of glass itself, easily fogs? scrapes?
    usefulness of reticle design?
    distance for optimal eye relief?