Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Form 3 transfer times vary, just like all the other times. A few months ago, it was 3-4 weeks. I don't know what it is right now, but it's probably not 3 months. I'd Google it and you'll see updated times with a little reading. I think it's around 6-8 weeks at the moment.

The process isn't much different than sending a Title I firearm to your FFL. Just order it, call your FFL and have them send their SOT to the seller (if they don't already have it on file) and then they should send the F3 off to the ATF. Like everything else, just make sure you go through a reputable seller. Again, Google can help with that, but obviously the bigger names are more well-known.

As for the 7dB difference...mathematically, that's a huge difference. Realistically, only you can really make the call. I was running a .30 cal can on my MK12 this weekend, and I don't notice a huge difference, especially out in the open, but that's me. I'm sure if you actually looked at the numbers, though, the .30 cal can was louder, at least on a meter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Form 3 transfer times vary, just like all the other times. A few months ago, it was 3-4 weeks. I don't know what it is right now, but it's probably not 3 months. I'd Google it and you'll see updated times with a little reading. I think it's around 6-8 weeks at the moment.

The process isn't much different than sending a Title I firearm to your FFL. Just order it, call your FFL and have them send their SOT to the seller (if they don't already have it on file) and then they should send the F3 off to the ATF. Like everything else, just make sure you go through a reputable seller. Again, Google can help with that, but obviously the bigger names are more well-known.

As for the 7dB difference...mathematically, that's a huge difference. Realistically, only you can really make the call. I was running a .30 cal can on my MK12 this weekend, and I don't notice a huge difference, especially out in the open, but that's me. I'm sure if you actually looked at the numbers, though, the .30 cal can was louder, at least on a meter.
    What is SOT? (sorry for the dumb question)

Ideally I would find a Recce 5 in stock... just a few days ago they had them in stock, in state, so within the past couple of days it went out of stock. I guess I need to call them back and see how long it will take to get back 'in stock'.

I hope not too long.