Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now we are down to the Vertical Fore Grip (VFG). Shown below, you can see there were a few different option for this one, as well as other which aren't shown (too lazy to dig them out of the garage). The Bobro Shorty VFG is on this one because its a little shorter and thinner than the others. I like and use the others, but the Bobro seemed to work nicely on this one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lights are next, and simply put, the Surefire M600C-TN Kit 01 that showed up at my house has shown itself to be the brightest, smallst and lightest of any of my lights. The larger Surefire may or may not put out a little more juice, but when you consider the size and weight, the little 600 wins hands down. The little adjustment knob locks up tight, and it comes with a tape switch that I'll never use. I've seen too many tape switches get hit on accident, and at the worst possible times. I know the color doesn't match the rest of the weapon, but somehow I'll get over that. If it really offends me, God made Krylon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We conclude this parts selection with the sling. Since a sling is nothing more than a holster to a long gun, its easy to see why there is no excuse for skimping on quality. Ever watch a slung weapon hit the deck when it comes undone? Its not pretty, and if it happens to you, drop and push em out, there is no excuse for letting your weapon hit the ground.

You can see that I've got quite the pile of slings, and the image below is only a portion (once again I was too lazy to get the rest out). The current offerings that I'm a fan of are Gear Sector and Blue Force Gear, with upcoming models from Magpul and ARMS that look to be well made also.

Out of the pile, I go with the Gear Sector GS-2P. My reason is simple, its the same sling that I carry on my duty weapon. This allows thought free simplicity, and for me, thats a good thing. The GS-2P can be configured as an adjustable two point, and within seconds can switch over to an adjustable one point. This makes it a win win sling from my view. The Gear Sector is also modular, which means its attachment stubs can be used for multiple slings from the Gear Sector family.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Last but not least, here it is in its final configuration.

Thoughts, comments, concerns are all welcome.

Hopefully other people are willing to explain why they built their carbine up the way they did also. I doubt anyone will be as long winded as me, but thats probably a good thing, anything is welcome.