Thread: MAIL CALL

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Mail Call - found this in a small bundle of Ammo I recently bought. Old-school Super Vel .44 Remington Magnum 180 gr JHP. This original box sold for a whopping $8.65 for 20 rounds. That is $47.04 in today money. Now I’m torn; I really want to shoot a cylinder full of this stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by apmcdaniel View Post

Mail Call - found this in a small bundle of Ammo I recently bought. Old-school Super Vel .44 Remington Magnum 180 gr JHP. This original box sold for a whopping $8.65 for 20 rounds. That is $47.04 in today money. Now I’m torn; I really want to shoot a cylinder full of this stuff!

I'd just keep it, as a collectible. You can buy 180 gr. JHP anywhere, so since (caliber wise) it's not unique it has collectors value. Google some of the ammo collectors sights, and see what it's worth.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I'd just keep it, as a collectible. You can buy 180 gr. JHP anywhere, so since (caliber wise) it's not unique it has collectors value. Google some of the ammo collectors sights, and see what it's worth.

FT
    Good advice, thanks! If I had 2 boxes, I would definitely shoot some of this. I think I will check those collectors sites, just to see what value they might hold. Doubt I'll sell them anytime soon, but it might be fun to see what folks are willing to pay.