Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: ATF-41P

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    There is also one really big loophole that many people seem to overlook. If I’m the only trustee on my trust when I submit the paperwork, I need to comply with the documentation requirements. If, however after I get my item, I add a new trustee, I don’t have to submit responsible person paperwork for them on any prior purchases. As a Grantor of a trust you can add and remove trustees as you deem necessary. If in your trust you reserved the power to amend the trust then all you have to do is fill out a "Trust Amendment and Notification form" and keep it with the trust.
    You could do that but, at a point you might as well just get the prints and photos. Might be viable once or twice but seems like a case of diminishing returns. Really all comes down to how much NFA stuff you're buying.

It would likely be easier to get prints and photos for everyone on your trust and then make an effort to buy as much as you can during the 2 years following submission, otherwise you still need to submit every time you trust changes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just call him ole "Mag Dump Ted". I could hear barrels melting and cyclic rates plummeting without even seeing the video! If Trump wants to upstage this guy, all he has to do is hold his finger outside the guard in the ready position for a second or two, but at least he got out there.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    So cause I have read about all of this bit am still a nfa virgin, can someone break it down easily as what's needed now?

Or has anything not changed till the 180 days deadline/rule thingy?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    So cause I have read about all of this bit am still a nfa virgin, can someone break it down easily as what's needed now?

Or has anything not changed till the 180 days deadline/rule thingy?

Thanks
    If you buy before the 180 days is up nothing changed.

Supposedly after 180 days you have to supply finger prints and pictures to the ATF with your forms. If you do it with a trust after the 180 days then everyone on the trust has to supply pics and finger prints.

There might be some other stuff that is still iffy.

Also after 180 days are up there is no more need for a CLEO sign off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Alamo

Ok so a trust is still needed/advised..

So the CLEO sign off is totally going away totally after 180 days.. Even for individual filing or what not? Sorry I try to stay up to date but no nfa toys yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Thanks Alamo

Ok so a trust is still needed/advised..

So the CLEO sign off is totally going away totally after 180 days.. Even for individual filing or what not? Sorry I try to stay up to date but no nfa toys yet.
    From what I gather the CLEO sign off is gone after 180 days. Others may know and be more aware of the situation though.

As far as doing it with a trust... if I do one after the 180 days is gone I probably won't mess around with a trust. Although for me I only have two people on my trust so it would be fine either way. If you have a half dozen people on your trust it will make the process cumbersome.

There is still a lot that needs to be clarified but that's my take so far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep in mind what is put in place by executive action can be undone and changed by executive action.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Keep in mind what is put in place by executive action can be undone and changed by executive action.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but do you mean executive order?

My understanding is that an executive action is more of a suggestion, where an executive order is one that is legally binding.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post

My understanding is that an executive action is more of a suggestion, where an executive order is one that is legally binding.
    Whatever the difference it's nuanced at best. My point is that the next President can unilaterally undo every last word of this stuff that Obama has unilaterally done including 41F.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whatever the difference it's nuanced at best. My point is that the next President can unilaterally undo every last word of this stuff that Obama has unilaterally done including 41F.
    I gotcha. And yep, totally agree with you.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I gotcha. And yep, totally agree with you.
    If they can't or won't take the items off of the NFA list hopefully the next President makes it an instant automated approval system. Pay your $200, get a receipt and transfer can take place immediately. Have a auto generated tax stamp that gets emailed to whoever pays the tax.

If Obama can do what he did the next President can do that too and he doesn't have to ask congress either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The spat of recent policy changes were not EOs, but were EAs. They hold no legal weight and can be challenged. And as alamo said, they can also be undone (along with EOs).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't even have a .308 yet but I am really tempted to get a GA Recce 7... I will get into .308 at some point... maybe a bolt gun, maybe AR10... probably both... but money wise it's up the road a bit....

I am still extremely tempted to drop a grand on the 7 even though I am not in that caliber yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't even have a .308 yet but I am really tempted to get a GA Recce 7... I will get into .308 at some point... maybe a bolt gun, maybe AR10... probably both... but money wise it's up the road a bit....

I am still extremely tempted to drop a grand on the 7 even though I am not in that caliber yet.
    I told you to get the 7 from the get go...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I told you to get the 7 from the get go...
    I am loving the 5... I am glad I got it...I am just experiencing a moment of financial weakness right now.

I guess it's maybe a good thing that they are sold out...