Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be curious to hear if the reduced power striker spring has any effect on ignition reliability.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I'll be curious to hear if the reduced power striker spring has any effect on ignition reliability.
    Without any testing, id say it certainly reduces reliability. How much remains to be seen.

This whole project is essentially a learning experience for me. And as I go, I can definitely see how a lot of guys are staunchly opposed to swapping out any OEM parts. However, I can still see areas of an OEM Glock that can be improved. (Aside from frame work)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    Without any testing, id say it certainly reduces reliability. How much remains to be seen.

This whole project is essentially a learning experience for me. And as I go, I can definitely see how a lot of guys are staunchly opposed to swapping out any OEM parts. However, I can still see areas of an OEM Glock that can be improved. (Aside from frame work)
    Glocks are definitely not the "perfection" that they advertise. Plenty of room for improvements.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    BC,

Maybe I missed it, but have you decided on a guide rod spring? 11, 13, 15lbs?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    BC,

Maybe I missed it, but have you decided on a guide rod spring? 11, 13, 15lbs?
    I've got the Lone Wolf guide rod assembly in it. It comes with a 17lb Spring. I may buy several spring weights for testing once I get the slide lightened.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got the Lone Wolf guide rod assembly in it. It comes with a 17lb Spring. I may buy several spring weights for testing once I get the slide lightened.
    I've not used the lone wolf rod and spring, but i've used the ISMI rods and springs in my Glocks for as long as i can remember with excellent results.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dropping off my slide for milling tomorrow! Should get it back in less than 2 weeks. I'm excited to get this part out of the way. Aside from experimentation for performance's sake, this is the last major part of the build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got my slide back from Lamb Custom Firearms today, (They are affiliated with Desert Design and Development for anyone familiar with them.)
    Except for tuning with recoil springs to optimize after slide lightening, I'd say this build is about done! Now for pictures.

Váli by Battle Cock, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Turned out really well! I like the vertical cuts on the front of the slide.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seriously nice.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    NICE!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ya buddy that is sick

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good , like the slide work...id shoot the shit out of that if I had such..my glock is uber boring...lol

What refinish did you go with?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks gents. I love the way this thing has turned out so far. It has not been out of arm's reach since I got the slide back. This is my first handgun with an RDS so I'm adjusting to the small differences picking up the sight picture, and finding the dot instructive in diagnosing trigger discipline with dry firing.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Looks good , like the slide work...id shoot the shit out of that if I had such..my glock is uber boring...lol

What refinish did you go with?
    Someday soon you'll be able to send it to me for some mods to make it a little less boring. The slide is parkerized. I selected that finish because it was the only one offered by my machinist, and it was free.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks gents. I love the way this thing has turned out so far.
    Someday soon you'll be able to send it to me for some mods to make it a little less boring. The slide is parkerized. I selected that finish because it was the only one offered by my machinist, and it was free.
    Free is good....

But.......Parkerize job after all that money...lol......it needs some sniper grey Cerakote or something good to finish it off...haha....just dreaming and giving you ideas to spend more $$$& on it......