Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    Thanks for the reply that's what I was thinking but it's hard to overcome my GAS
    Gear
    Acquisition
    Syndrome
    that make me want the newest latest & greatest with no thought of the financial consequences ,sometimes it good to be single with no kids
    Ill get a Ruger Precision 6.5cm for the longer distance stuff
    Why the 6.5 CM?

Please note that I have been reading up A LOT on this subject lately... so I am poking you in your brain to see 'why' you want that.

Based on my reading and comparing (at least on paper) you're just opening up a crazy money pit by trying to go the CM route and it won't offer that much if any better performance (for target applications). The 6.5 CM at 1400 yards... your DOPE will be about 51 MOA in elevation. With the .243 at that same range it will be 54 MOA. Yet you're telling me you want to spend about 2x to 3x the money on ammo just because the cool kids are all doing it?

Out to a grand you know what the dial up difference is between a 6.5 and a .243 all other things being equal?

It's 1/2 of an MOA. (using good match ammo)

You would have that much difference depending on whether or not it's cold outside or not.

I am actually looking at that Ruger as well, just in a different cartridge. It seems like it has a lot to offer... but then again I might get something else but I am narrowing down the caliber list pretty quickly
    Last edited by alamo5000; 25 September 2016 at 00:12.