I am doing my usual window shopping for all kinds of things preparing to make several strategic purchases over the coming weeks or months. One of those purchases will probably be the start to an AR10 build. It might take me a while to have em all built up but I am slowly but surely going to be making some purchases especially now that my job is hopefully going to stabilize in the next few weeks.

Is it me or does it seem like AR10 components are harder to come by these days? I might just be going crazy but it seems like some of the higher end manufacturers are going to a 'few times a year' run system. IE make a run, sell it out, make a run, sell it out and not sitting on inventory.

When I built my first AR platformed gun I was specifically keen to barrel selection and believe it or not bolt selection. This time around and after a couple other builds I am a little more aware of what I'm after but I will still ask for recommendations.

1)Does anyone know of a company that makes nitride AR10 bolt carrier groups? If say I could find a comparable BCG to something like the Fathom black nitride bolt I would be good to go. I am looking for something of that caliber of worthiness/reputation. I don't need a $400 BCG but I also don't want a fugly junky one either. Some of them I see I have either ignorantly never heard of them or I don't like how they look (IE ugly logos or whatever).

2)Can anyone recommend a good precision AR10 barrel? I am thinking something along the lines of the Rainier Select line (which I am extremely pleased with) but to my knowledge they don't come in .30 caliber. To me that's a known quantity so I am highly confident in it. My two main concerns are accuracy and a reasonable barrel life. I prefer it to come in black. I will probably get down to twist rates and type of rifling and all that too (maybe) but we will see. Basically I want it to relatively accurately shoot heavier bullets at longer ranges (1000+).

FYI the gun will be DMPS styled.