Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, build has been complete for a few weeks and I've done the tedium of barrel break in. Fouling appears to have been pretty minimal. Here it is at the range yesterday:

Note that I've switched the trigger out for a CMC 3.5lb flat thanks to a sale at Primary Arms.

For break in, I've just been running my PST 1-4x24. Most of my range time yesterday was on ladders for my .223, but I did shoot 10 rounds of Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr SMK. Below is a 5 shot group @ 100 yards (ignore the 3 small holes from confirming zero of my RDS on a different carbine):

The last two holes in the bottom right were shot to round out total shot count (20 rounds total so far). They are also about .6 apart, center to center.

The PST has a 1 moa center dot, so I'm pretty impressed that I could pull off that group with that optic. It certainly bodes well for the rifle. I'm also pleased with the CMC trigger. Most of my ARs have Geisseles so I'm generally a 2-stage guy. It will take some more trigger time before I really decide on which I prefer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice group, guy. I quite "breaking in" rifles a long time ago. Maybe I should start again. I have several rifles with CMC triggers and am pretty fond of them. As soon as the weather breaks around here, I need to go run 20 or 50 rounds through my LR-10. Finally solved a problem with mine after a long period of just letting it sit. I just hope I can get groups like that. Probably need to run a couple of boxes of premium ammo to see how well it will shoot, then switch to the cheap AIM surplus stuff. Glad every thing worked out so well for you.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nicely done Boilerup. I'm wrapping up an LR-308 build myself, using some of the same parts. Well at least the upper and lower are the same. I went a different route with my barrel forward. Also I will be using an SLR rail. It's a nice looking build with a nice grouping to boot. What optic do you think you'll end up with?