I have a Sig P226 9mm that I am thinking about suppressing. While I am waiting on the other suppressor for 5.56 to get here I've been thinking that I might just go ahead and buy a 9mm suppressor at the same time. So instead of one suppressor I can buy two.

I need to buy a threaded barrel if I decide to get a 9mm suppressor...the Sig factory threaded barrel is 13.5 x 1 LH thread but I have also seen 3rd party barrels that were 1/2x28.

My understanding is that 1/2 x 28 is way more popular of a thread for 9mm, but Sig does theirs totally different than everyone else. Any idea why this is? Is there any advantage to one over the other?

I could buy a threaded barrel that is either or... and I could also just buy a spare piston so if I need to that way if I ever use it on a different pistol I can swap it with no problem.

The other question I have is about materials. What are pistol barrels normally made of and does it really matter when it comes to pistols? EFK Barrels say they are made of 416 stainless. I have no idea what a normal factory barrel is made of.

Is there anything else I should consider before I jump into this?