I am looking for professional opinions here. I still have to buy an optic of some sort for my soon to be built rifle. (A few more boxes to arrive and I will have all the parts)

Here is what I am thinking. My main purpose for the gun will be 100 yards and in and to get on target fast. It's going to be a blaster. It will need to be daylight bright so washing out in brighter light is a bad thing. It must be 1x. I also do not like the tunnel vision you get with some RDS.

I want both eyes open shooting. I do not plan to run any kind of magnifier although later on as I get more money I could theoretically add some NV just because it would be a pretty bad ass thing to spend some money on. It won't happen anytime soon but maybe it could happen if I strike it rich in the stock market.

The discussion is basically between RMR type optics and true RDS type optics.

Let's say money's no object but you can only buy one to run on a 10.5 SBR like I am building.

What are the pros and what are the cons to each in your opinion. What should I think about before I make a purchase?

Up until now I have been thinking an Aimpoint T2... and if I get it and hate it, I can sell it no problem. Aimpoint offers several other types of 1x RDS so those are also on the table. Trijicon has some offerings as well so basically I am an open book.

Of course I am looking for quality, but I am also looking for function.

And as you all know I am not some ninja, cop, or SEAL so more or less this is going to be an expensive range toy. I just don't want a shitty optic on it.

Also please note that just like with my other rifle obviously I would love to have a US Optics or a Night Force... but I haven't gotten there yet. I am running a Vortex until I gain a greater appreciation (and need) for the high end stuff.

Same concept applies to this optic. While I would probably be super stoked with a T2 what are some other good options out there?