I'd like to take the time to say hello to everyone. I've been browsing the forum for a few months now and finally decided to create an account. I was originally brought here by Stickman's excellent pictures and have stuck around because of the pleasantness of you all. I'm in the USAF, going on 12 years now, and currently deployed to Afghanistan. Shortly before my deployment I made my first firearm purchase, a new Beretta 92FS Police Special. I chose it because for the next 8 years that is the sidearm that I will most likely be issued so I wanted to get the same weapon so I can practice on my own time and because I like its design. Also before my departure, I was diagnosed with BRD and decided to build an AR rifle. I bought a Denny's Guns stripped lower and DPMS LPK in time to get it assembled before I deployed. Over the past few months, as budget allows I have been buying the parts to complete my rifle and having it shipped to my friend's house who has a gun safe. I originally thought I was going to make an M16A4 USMC replica, but decided against it to build a carbine. So far I've purchased the following parts:

BCM Mil-Spec carbine receiver extension tube, spring and buffer
BCM 16" Standard Mid Length flat top upper half
BCM Mil-Spec BCG, firing pin and charging handle
Magpul v1 PMAG x10
Magpul MAID grip, foliage green (my Beretta has FG grips too)
Magpul ACS stock

I'm still undecided on which rear back up sight and optic I want to get. For rear back up sight, I considering the Magpul, the Matech, or the LMT A2 style. For optic, I thinking about the Eotech XPS. I might through a grip pod VFG on there too. Oh yeah, and I'm waiting for Magpul to release their handguards in mid length.....