Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also consider why you need the magnification. I run ACOGs across the board because I shoot well with them up close, but the magnification helps most for identification, less for shot placement.

With any practice it's not hard to make 200yd hits consistent with even the diminutive T-1, so my motivation to use variable power optics is for more precise target ID and placement - MR/T works well for that (though clearly not as well as the NXS or ShortDot 1-4x offerings)

If this won't be your last AR15 - get the T-1 and a QD Mount.
    Then get the 1-4x Optic and QD mount with your next rifle - whichever direction you go with your next stick - you'll have an unbeatable CQC optic, and a fantastic general purpose optic.

If your next one is shorter, or lighter - the it gets the T-1. If your next rifle is longer, heavier barrel, and/or match trigger - then it gets the variable mag. optic.

My collection runs the gamut from the M4S Aimpoint (SBR) to a T-1 (lightweight 14.7"), TA31RCO-M4 (14.5" Hvy), MR/T TS30 (16" MedCon Middy), TRS-1 4-16x50mm (18" SPR)
    Last edited by TehLlama; 5 September 2009 at 10:12.