This is the SOG "flaming pig" style krink brake. It is not manufactured by Noveske but is comparable. Well Tom over at Spikes Tactical built my 10.5 Duty Rifle Upper and this was on it for function.. To say the least, I am glad that this happened on the range, rather than on the street.

This critical incident occurred while shooting a 3 gun competition on Saturday. I was shooting from a supported position at 4" steel plates at 100yds. Ammo used was Q3131 '09 production. There was not a baffle strike to the cone element or any other damage to the rifle. It just simply blew up. The removable cone shot about 20 yds ahead of my shooting position with the retaining clip still intact.

OTOH, Tom Miller aka badazzar15 CEO of Spikes has been wonderful, I notified him immediately of the situation in which he replied that this is the 2nd known bursting in 3 weeks. I do not know how the other shooters rifle fared but mine kept running.

Tom requested that I send him this back and he is replacing it with their own CNC Warthog.

This is not a rant against Spikes, but a warning for any person running this particular brake in environment where you life may depend on it.