Disclaimer: Anything I post in here isn't meant to disparage or blame Rainier Arms. It's genuinely meant as asking for some info, I just happen to be working with RA parts. I understand I may be asking all of the parts to do something they can't do...

So here's the breakdown of the problem I'm having. This is with a 16" Match Grade RA 308 barrel and BCG using a carbine receiver extension (and a MATEN receiver set). I'm also using HeavyBuffers.com's CAR-10 XH buffer (his heaviest). I'm still trying to figure out what spring I'm using, but have some research to complete. The MATEN/CAR-10 XH has run flawlessly on a KAC rifle, but the RA barrel is a middy length, so the gas system is a bit different.

When shooting various types of quality (and not so) ammo unsuppressed, everything functions 4.0. However, when shooting suppressed, I get regular FTE issues where the empty case doesn't clear the ejection port and ends up getting thrown back on top of the loading round, causing the whole thing to lock up, with the case pushing down on the loaded round and the bolt up against the round. The loaded round ends up getting pretty beat up and bent in the process.

My diagnosis is that the BCG is stripping the empty case before it can clear the chamber. Makes sense with the added pressure from the can. So, before I start diving into an A5 or rifle style buffer/extension, is it possible to "upgrade" extractor springs on a 308 bolt? On an AR-15/M-16, we have the benefit of putting a rubber-baby-bumper ring in there and it solves lots of problems, but I'm not aware of such a device on the 308 side. And since there is no "standard," I'm not sure we could even have one. So, any suggestions on figuring out "if" the extractor springs are "strong enough" on the bolt?

I understand this may end up resulting in an A5 system, but wanted to explore other options before going down that road/money hole.