Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sinner, it's the bane of AR components design. There is no way to make something to work with all of the receivers out there, given the numerous dimensions and tolerances used by manufacturers that often don't adhere to the TDP.

We can't make different spec EMR-As for receivers with different thickness and geometry, so the EMR-A is designed to work with receivers that follow TDP specs and tolerances. This isn't an unusual approach, I think it may be the only approach.

Back when I was still a Battle Arms partner, in the very early days, and also when Bill Geissele himself picked up the phone when you called, I had a conversation with him about making our selectors work with his DMR triggers.

He had put it well, and I'm somewhat paraphrasing here: it's not the trigger or selector, it's the receivers. When there were only a few major manufacturers, there didn't used to be problems, but when every Bob and John is making them, we started seeing compatibility issues.

Nevertheless you brought up a good point about compatibility with thicker billet receivers, we need to clearly disclose that it's made for TDP spec, forged receivers, and may not work on out of spec (for that's the thicker receivers are) receivers.
    Last edited by Duffy; 8 July 2016 at 09:03.