Originally, I posted this on M4c, but I thought it was worth posting here as well.

This idea came about after I got to thinking about returned barrels. Companies that offer an accuracy guarantee are stuck at the hands of the installer and trigger puller. I'm certainly not above thinking bad barrels come off the machines, but I still wonder what the real issue is with many of these barrels. Buyers remorse? Poor shooter? Low quality ammunition? Improper scope or optic mount? Low quality installation? A receiver that sucks in the barrel extension and wobbles like a drunken donkey?

Here is the barrel we will be dealing with. While it is a SS match barrel, that is all the info I have on it. I won't say who the company is who has these made, or who the maker is at this point. I have already stated we know machines put out bad barrels sometimes for a variety of reasons. The more important issue is how well the seller stands behind their product.

From a first look, we can see the barrel is obviously used and has been fired. Black marks near the gas port, and a layer of grunge are in the barrel extension. HOWEVER, as we look closer, we can start to see more interesting things. Do you think the barrel extension index pin left the manufacturer that way?

Name:  Stick.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  152.4 KB

Name:  Stick1.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  478.6 KB