Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Forward Controls Design Sling Keep

One day I was cleaning my parts bin, and found a piece of shock cord and Cordloc. I made it into something that keeps my sling from flopping around when the rifle isn't slung, which is most of the time unless I'm training or at a range.

I was using a piece of elastic cord from my ACOG ARD for this role before, but what I cobbled together is much better, because I can adjust it, and put it anywhere I want.

That is how Sling Keep came to be

The finished product functions much the same way as the one I made from parts in a bin, the ends are properly sealed and cinched/protected with a Zipcord.

Durability and adjustability are two of its main features. Unlike a rubber band that's not UV protected, the elastic shock cord is far more durable. Sling Keep is shipped partially assembled, it can be looped through holes and slots found on a stock.

The charging handle simply rides and rolls over the cord if the cord is in the path.

Sure you can make your own as we did, or use a free rubber band, do know its limitations though.

Sling Keep isn't fancy, it has a job to do and it does it inexpensively
    Last edited by Duffy; 14 September 2017 at 04:28.