Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Diving into NFA w/ a 2-stamper

So here I go, entering the world of NFA by building a two stamper. A suppressed SBR. I've got some semblance of a parts list, and a crap ton of questions. Intended uses for the rifle are as follows.

- 1. Range use. Competitive style shooting, 300y and in.
    - 1. Home Defense.
    - 3. Defense of liberty. Zombie Apocalypse. Monty Python rabbits. What-tf-ever.

The goal is light and small, enough to be easily manageable in an apartment (or hopefully soon, a house), while being suppressed for... all the reasons. I'll start off with what I've got and where I'm planning to go with it. Right now all I have are the receivers and forend.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 307
Size:  1.03 MB

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 228
Size:  1.03 MB

Erathr3 10 3/8" forend, SMOS upper that BC hooked me up with, and an Aero M4E1 lower. They go together pretty damn sweetly if I do say so myself. The plan is to run it suppressed 100% of the time. The suppressor will be the Delta P Brevis II Ultra 5.56 suppressor, which weighs in at 7.5 oz. and is 3.7" long, is direct thread, and full-auto rated.

The barrel will likely be either the 11.3" Hanson Profiled Ballistic Advantage barrel, or the 11.5" V7. If I get the V7, my intention is to have them port it for 100% suppressed, get a matched bolt for it and throw it in either an Aero carrier, or one of the up and coming carriers from Forward Controls. If I get the Ballistic Advantage, I'll build up a Gemtech BCG. I'm on the fence here as to which way to go. I believe the V7 combo would be more accurate, but insignificantly more from a practical standpoint. The BA barrel being SLIGHTLY shorter will allow the suppressor to be closer to flush with the forend, so that would look better, but again, it's just another minor difference. Anyone care to weigh in?

Also... I have no idea what I'm doing as to how to actually BEGIN the NFA process. I have the lower... now what? I've seen words thrown around like "Individual" and "Trust", but I have no idea what to do with those words. I DO know what a trust is, do I need to set one up? How? Do I need to get the lower engraved? Would doing it as an individual be better? I need my wife to have full access, with my job I'm gone a LOT. Be it dealing with an intruder or rescuing it from a fire, she needs to legally be able to access the weapon. Also, just to complicate matters further, I'm hoping to move across state lines hopefully first quarter next year (if all goes smoothly). Will (or how) would that affect the process? I think some of these questions may have been somewhat addressed in another thread but I couldn't seem to find which one. Either way, for me at least, having that info all here will be beneficial.

No big rush on the building part since I'll be waiting on stamps, or at least the one for the lower. May or may not build it up into a pistol while I wait. I don't have a surplus pistol tube so I'm loathe to spend money one something I won't be using in the end.
    Last edited by Aragorn; 8 December 2017 at 15:51. Reason: Forgot to put in the pics!
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler