Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
“Up to 400 degrees” sounds too low for a suppressor. Maybe that Permatex was baked hard.
To clarify, this is specifically and only talking about my cans that come apart. Those being a 9mm and rimfire only.

I don't know that I've ever fired a semi auto handgun enough for the end cap to reach 400 degrees F. Same thing for rimfire. With an MP5? Who knows what the temperature will be.

Of course I've baked the finish off of a 5.56 can before, but not so much with an actual semi auto hand gun.

I did notice that I could do a much better job on the application of the stuff should I try it again. By that I mean the last time I put it on the lower edge of the threads on the end cap itself. What it did was have almost a whole inch of the threads with sealant on them.

On the other hand if I just put some on the top few threads then seat it down the rest of the way it will serve it's purpose and will probably be a lot easier to get off.

Literally the only reason I'm doing anything at all is to prevent things from loosening under fire.