Hey guys. I know the short barrel rifles, short barrel shotguns (aow) etc. are really cool. I like the pics of them a whole lot. Fantastic weapons and I have to admit to having a fetish for them. My questions are these:

1. Does anyone worry about a new AWB that doesn't grandfather you in?

2. Does it bother anyone that the Federal Govt. retains these records of your firearms ownership concerning your NFA weapons?

Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love to put together an SBR. I just have a real aversion to that kind of information being in Govt. records. Especially when the Govt. behaves in such a fickle manner from one administration to the next. At least with a standard build there is no database maintained as to who owns what in some states at least.

For me, at least, an NFA weapon build will be out of the question. Just wondering whether these questions have crossed anyone else's mind and the thought process that let you overcome any reservations to go forward with a build.

For those who have gone through with such a build... more power to ya! And I love to look at them posted here.