ok so I finally sold my 1st AR, a Rock River Arms, to a friend to further finance the build I have been collecting parts for. The RRA was in pieces, and I had to put it back together. So, on top of already being a bit nervous about putting a gun back together that I had already collected money for (and spent said money) and it being my first time fully assembling an AR, I had to do this at work with about 6 people and an 11 year old watching my every move. Two rookie mistakes followed:

1. Installed and fully torqued down the buffer tube before realizing I had not installed the rear take down pin and spring.

2. Upon loosening up the buffer tube to fix issue #1, I proceeded to jettison my buffer retaining spring and pin into the nether. Which I had to replace with the parts I was using for my personal build. Doh!

Good news is, even though we haven't fired it, the RRA seems to be functioning fine, with the FSB lined up well and it appears as if the bcg and gas tube aren't having any friction or contact issues. Headspace is ok according to the Brownell's no-go gauge. This at least gives me a little confidence for my personal weapon, even though I will be tackling a piston system.