Quote Originally Posted by triplebravo View Post
Aragon, here is a quick list of points just off the top of my head:

- The Rainier Arms version of the Evolution rail comes with exactly the add on rail sections I need -- A QD socket, a 2 inch rail, and a 4 inch rail. (The Troy comes with two 2 inch rails, and one 4 inch rail. I have a QD socket on the Troy, but it’s a $20 part made by Noveske.)
- The EVO has an anti rotation tab on both sides of the upper receiver. (The Troy only has it on one side because its designed installation does not make it possible to have one on both sides.)
- The EVO rail works with a standard barrel nut. (The Troy does come with a wrench for its proprietary barrel nut -- which is a huge plus over some other rails with proprietary nut designs.)

Some of these reasons are particular to me and you might find they are not as important to you. I still like the Troy TRX Extreme rail series and I’ve used them on several builds in the past. I’ll probably still use them. However, I think I like this EVO rail just a little more.
Thanks B3. My plans for my next build have changed but I'm still up in the air on rails. Originally I was going to build a 14.5", but have since decided to enter the world of NFA and make a 300 BLK SBR for HD. The 14.5" just didn't make as much sense sitting right beside my 16" GP rifle.