I'm currently waiting for my stamp, and have started tyring to figure out which upper to go with. I've spared no expense on my lower, Noveske, Giessele trigger, BAD ASS safety, etc.

I'm considering the Noveske branded Vltor VIS 10.5 monolithic upper. Some of have recommended to go with the switchblock Noveske barrel. I've read that a 10.5" will run open or suppressed with no problems so I'm wondering why I should consider tht route.

Other uppers I've considered are the LMT MRP, the Daniel Defense MK18 (10.3), The PWC piston rig, or just building it myself with the Noveske upper receiver I have. Either way, all things considered, the price will be about the same for every option... about $1000-$1200 so I'm not concerned about save a $100 bucks here or there.

I knmow a lot of people say to stay away from the KX3 that comes on the VIS upper, but I've always wanted to own that thing. Even though it'll eventually get replaced with a can, I kinda like the idea of finally owning one. I posted over on AR15.com and have gotten a lot of good feedback, but I'm curious if folks over here have different thoughts on the uppers and which ones provide advantages I may want to consider.