I have been using a Gemtech M402 for many years. It's a cheap, sealed, thread-on can with no special features. I love it. The only drawback is that it will unscrew after extended firing. I could probably cure that with some Rocksett if I felt the need.

I also have an AAC SPR/M4 that I hardly use. It's a much nicer can on paper, but I hardly use it. Why? It's heavier, longer, and has a larger OD. It uses the AAC MITRE mount with the stupid tuning fork that goes "PINGGGGGG!" every time you fire. I hate shooting it. For some kind of spec-ops ninja, it would probably make more sense. For me shooting cans in the woods, or steel on the range, it's retarded.

I just received a couple 22Sparrow .22lr suppressors I've been waiting on for nearly a year. During that time I shot those at the range far more than I ever did my 5.56 suppressors. 22lr is cheap and with a short pistol barrel, most ammo at my elevation is subsonic. It's just way more fun for me than the 5.56 cans.

Don't believe the marketing hype. Think about what you really need, and how much of your money will be sitting unused in a safe for the rest of your life (who ever sells NFA stuff? not me ...)

Lastly, I keep my suppressors matched to their hosts. When you move them around you have to re-zero the host, or live with the altered point of impact. If you're on a tight budget, maybe buy a .30 cal can and use it on everything. However if you're really on a tight budget, why the hell are you buying a suppressor? Just thinking aloud ...