Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
I'm very intrigued by the VP9. I really like my PPQ and shoot it very well, but I hope that the VP9 is so good that I'd ditch the PPQ for it. Love to see the state of the art advance. Fortunately, I have a great pistol to use in the meantime while I'm waiting for the pros and cons of the VP9 to become known. Right now, the frantic posturing by the Walther faithful is almost pathetic in the way so many are pooh-poohing the VP9 based on a Youtube video and their interpretation of the specs, all without ever seeing one in person let alone actually shooting it.
I cannot see myself ditching either of my two PPQ's anymore than I was able to get rid of my Walther P99's or Steyr M or S-series guns in favor of the PPQ which really is superior to those aforementioned guns. I hope the VP9 does well; competition is good for us gun owners. The PPQ-philes need to get over themselves if they are up in arms; just embrace your PPQ, shoot the crap out of it, and enjoy it....its a gun, not a lover. Heck, if I get my hands on one and like more than my PPQ then I'll get one, but since I have two PPQ's and a Caracal F 9mm, I'm really not in my market for another polymer, striker-fired 9mm....now again, if they make a "VP40," I might be on board with that.