I've been eyeballing the new Troy Revolution forend for quite some tome now. The Troy Alpha has long been a favorite of mine, and the Revolution appears to be a slightly more slender, sleeker version of the Alpha, but with an octagonal profile and made of carbon fiber.
Here's what is showing on Troy's page.

Honestly the big appeal to me with the Alpha was not the weight or profile (as it weighed about the same as an NSR and I prefered the NSR's more slender profile) but rather... the ability to use squid grip. Having a preference for a particular forend due to a type of covers/paneling/hand protection/whatever may sound absurd, but those funny looking little rubber things give me outstanding purchase on the rifle, are comfortable, and protect me from heat.

Anyways, here's the thing. Do I dare use a carbon fiber forend on a hard use gun? I know carbon fiber is supposed to be stronger than many types of metal, but how well would it REALLY take a hard blow? Aluminum can bend, ding, get messed up and still be functional, but when carbon fiber fails, it tends to fail catastrophically. I googled the hell out of this looking for answers and found lots of people comparing them with mountain bikes, golf clubs, and what not, but really nothing actually helpful. The only single instance of failure I could find was when a PRI got busted in the sandbox. That was it.

The Revolution looks closer to the profile of the NSR in both shape and width, both of which I liked, AND would allow me to use squid grip all while weighing less. So... I really like the idea of this. I'm just leery.

What do y'all think?