Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

What is your shooting stance?

I recently got the latest version of the Magpul AFG for Christmas.... It was quickly installed and I have to say that I really like it. For me the most comfortable way is to put my left pointer finger around that front nub. I did find one issue though... installing that in certain positions causes one or the other of those two t-nuts to hit my gas block. It won't let the T nut rotate into a locked position.

I think this is easy to fix...with a small piece of fine grit sand paper on the top of that 25 cent t-nut and it can be problem solved.

That though has me thinking about proper placement of that type of grip and proper shooting technique. Should I mount the grip forward so that I my left arm is a bit more straight or should I mount it a bit more back where my left arm is bent slightly? Or should I try something in the middle? I've seen people shoot where they hold the mag well and I've seen people way more stretched out with their left arm.

For me, none of those positions are uncomfortable although holding the mag well is the least comfortable position. It feels kind of awkward. As for sheer comfort I find a combination of the second click on my buffer tube with a grip further out toward the front. It gives me the right eye relief and comfort.

So here is the question to the forum what is your shooting position? Is there a more 'right way' or is it merely a matter of preference?

What about your feet? Do you try to keep them shoulder width apart and square or is one or the other a 'forward foot'?

Any ideas or opinions? I am interested to hear what other people are doing and if there is some kind of fancy tactical reason to do it one way vs another? What are your ideas and/or professional opinions?
    Last edited by alamo5000; 28 December 2014 at 22:44.