It FINALLY cleared off weather wise and today I was out shooting. I wasn't shooting a lot but I did shoot well over 100 rounds with very little rest in between. I didn't do mag dumps or anything like that, I just shot 3 or 4 shot groups. Checked it and did more and on and on. All in all I was evaluating about 5 or 6 different types of ammo.

At one point towards the end of my session my rifle was warm to the touch but not really hot... and I decided to just load up and finish off about a dozen or so left over rounds. In this case I WAS trying to do a little bit of rapid fire.

The only problem is it felt like a round went off without me really wanting it to when the gun cycled. Instead of it going bam bam bam like I was doing on purpose this time it went bambam and two rounds went off quickly.

What I don't know if it was just me finding some sweet spot on the trigger (I was shooting from a bipod) or if it was a function of the gun getting hot or if it might be something to do with the trigger.

It happened mid mag. It didn't scare me but I went 'whoa that's interesting'. I didn't slow down. I just kept on. I then got another mag and tried to replicate it and nothing.

Obviously I want to monitor it for safety reasons but I don't know if I should treat it like a fluke, a one off, or just go 'eh whatever'.

I was getting down on the trigger pretty good and it seems like it might have been a 'slam fire' (I just made that word up because I don't know what else to call it) where when the bolt chambered the next round it went off.

Anything? Bueller? Bueller?