Well I got a chance to try out the LA Gear Cargo Pants.. and I have to say that it's pretty nice. I used it when I travelled overseas and found ithe 2 front slit pockets were excellent for holding my passport, tickets, iPod Touch, etc. It was easy to access them when sitting in the plane rather than having to do the one butt cheek lift to get something from my pockets. They also were comfortable, plenty of room to move without feeling cramped. (wish I wore them instead of jeans on the way home) Note that my travel was 20 hours worth in plane flight and no problems what so ever. Only thing I can say that I didn't care about is the look of the backside. There's a curved line of a seam near the croch area which I believe they made wider to give it more room for movement. Material wise, it seem durable enough. You might want to buy the 1 waist size up since you can clinch it closed. I did that and it worked out great. I think it's great for the price.

I haven't tried the TruSpec pants yet. For this pair look wise it has a noticable grid pattern on it. Haven't decided if I like that or not. Any case I haven't worn it yet so I'll have to comment on that later. For the waist size.. get the exact waist size since these pants have a engenious elastic expansion method to hide that it's expanding. But if you get too big.. well you got to wear a belt. Dont' konw if I like the elastics since that stuff is known to wear out.