On another thread about the RA Match Grade barrel we were discussing stuff when an idea that I have been mulling over for quite some time was brought up.

That concept was 'the effective pairing' of different components.

Let me give you an example. I have a Stainless Rainier Arms Select Medcon Barrel. If I pair that barrel with a Vortex 2.5-10x and some home rolled 69 grain Sierra Matchking rounds I could stack shots on a dime at 100 yards all day long and I am more than confident that I could go way out to 600 yards and beyond. I could definitely have a pretty good 'precision oriented' rifle with that combo (not to mention my trigger).

The purpose would be medium range precision and a longer range shooter.

Now here's what I am gonna throw out there.... what is YOUR effective pairings? It can either be real or a dream build.

What kind of barrel, what kind of optic, what kind of ammo would make that set work? Please say what the components are and what it's designated purpose would be and at what ranges. Include any other side information if it's relevant. And PLEASE put up all the pictures you want

The idea here is to exchange ideas or critique or whatever on selecting stuff to go together for MISSION SPECIFIC builds and what those missions really are. It's sort of a spin off of the 'explain your rifle' thread but focused mainly on function/purpose of the optic/barrel/ammo combinations (and any other relevant component such as triggers or suppressors or whatnot).